Thursday, December 10, 2015

Mason Jar Bank 2

So this was my second mason jar bank, again a gift.  This was part of a Christmas gift for my niece, and I'll admit, I don't really know what my niece likes, so I hope she likes this bank.  I used one of the mason jars from my 12 pack from Walmart (under $10), one of the bank lid replacements from the 4 pack from Hobby Lobby (under $5), larger fence from Hobby Lobby (My Garden Friends, in the floral department, under $5), 4 floral picks from Hobby Lobby (His and Hers wedding picks in the floral department under $5 a piece, also His and Hers does go on sale at 50% off), and a piece of scrap ribbon.
My Garden Friends fence

Using hot glue, I glued the ribbon to the bank lid and than trimmed of the extra ribbon. 
ribbon on bank lid
I measured to see where I need to cut the fence to make sure it was the right length, just pull out one of the stakes and use a wire cutter to cut the wire.  I used hot glue to glue the fence on the mason jar (I unfortunately I had fabric hot glue in my gun so it's dried white not clear) .
After the fence was on I went to gluing on the floral picks.  I made two shorter so the flowers weren't all the same height. 

finished bank

So over all I like the look, this was one that was my own brain child.  I might try with smaller flowers on the next one I make.  Time will tell

No comments:

Post a Comment